All instruction and written work at Polytechnic University is in English. Students whose primary language is not English must provide proof of English capacity. The standard measure of this ability is a score on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).
The University is approved by the Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) to issue a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status for qualified international students. Following admission acceptance, the applicant must submit all documentation required by the INS. Upon approval, the Student and Faculty Services Department will issue the I-20 to qualified applicants following receipt of all required documents and paid registration fees for the first academic term of full-time enrollment.
Applicants who are not United States of America citizens or permanent residents must petition Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico - Orlando Campus to issue official forms required by the Bureau of Immigration and Citizenship Services (BICS). Upon completion of these forms and acceptance, these applicants will be classified as international students.
An applicant desiring to enroll as an international student must submit the following documents:
International Applicants with Form I-20:
- Complete the Application for Admission.
- Pay a $50.00 Admission Fee (non-refundable).
- Submit an official transcript certified by the education institution and validated by the Ministry of Education of the applicant's home country as well as a USA academic equivalence certification for that degree certified by an accredited evaluation firm (Josef Silney, World Education Services, etc.). The academic equivalence certification must include the equivalent USA degree with a detailed evaluation, course by course, of an official transcript from the education institution in the candidate's home country. The document must be sent directly from the institution to the Admission Office of Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico - Orlando Campus.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Demonstrate financial capacity to complete the required program, if personally by means of a funds availability certificate from the candidate's banking institution or:
- Submit a sworn statement by the person that will cover the costs of the studies, indicating the annual amount assigned for this purpose.
- Submit a copy of the income tax return of the person, residing in the U.S. that will cover the cost of the studies or, if self financed, submit a letter from the applicant's banking institution, certifying availability of funds to cover the studies.