- Student Services:
Randome Top Details Div
Student Career Experience Program (SCEP) Opportunities
Opening Date: January 11, 2011 Closing Date: February 25, 2011
Salary: $10.95 - $13.41 per hour depending on qualifications
Open to U.S. Citizens Only
The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) is recruiting students to participate in our Student Career Experience Program (SCEP) starting in the summer of 2011. We plan to fill positions in the Soil Conservation, Soil Science, and Engineering series. The positions are available in multiple locations across the State.
This program will allow students that are selected to receive on-the-job training while attending an accredited college or university. Participants are expected to work full-time during summer vacation periods each summer until graduation.
Applications must include:
1. Resume or OF-612 (include work experience even if wages were not received);
2. Copy of current college transcript
3. A list of courses in which currently enrolled, those planned for the Spring Semester of 2011, and your expected graduation date
4. DD-214 if claiming veteran preference.
Be sure to include phone number(s) where you can be reached, your permanent residence address, and a current email address.
Students will be assigned to work at various training locations throughout the State.
Applications must be received at the following address by the closing date of this notice (February 25th, 2011):
- USDA – NRCS
- Human Resources Staff
- Student Career Enhancement Program (SCEP)
- 200 N. High Street – Room 522
- Columbus, OH 43215
If you have any questions, please call Beverly Sherwin at (614) 255-2470 or Shirley Yarbrough at (614) 255-2509.