The main objective of the programs is to prepare students for a professional career that broadly spans industrial, governmental and academic settings. The programs are committed to impart to students the leadership and professional requirements needed in the computer science environment (in all sectors), enabling them to participate in the development of new systems and components. This know-how is obtained through the development of technical, analytical, and project management/leadership skills and initiatives, acquired throughout the programs.
The programs aim to prepare graduates with a desire and capacity for life-long learning and self-development. Computer science is a dynamic field where the fast pace of innovation leads to a need for continuous actualization of knowledge. The emphasis on standard practices, tools and methodologies will provide graduates with empirical knowledge. The program also prepares graduates for academic careers that can fill the demand for professors in related areas of instruction.
The programs seek to develop skills in decision-making, leadership, and collaboration. Graduates will posses in-depth engineering and technological knowledge that will allow them to further develop these skills while performing successfully at strategic levels.
The main objective of the programs is to fill the mayor market needs identified in the study by providing students with:
- Skills to use, evaluate, and apply mathematics, physics, computer science fundamentals, time-proven techniques and principles, and advanced topics towards the development of novel solutions, in a variety of disciplines.
- Effective communication skills at the interface between business and technology in order to fill one of the most expensive gaps in industry today.
- Communication, leadership, and group collaboration skills, which will enable students to work effectively within multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Project and team leadership skills for the design, implementation and interaction of software and analysis & design techniques for computers and computer systems.
- The necessary skills to work in a research and development environment.
- The understanding needed to acquire a professional and ethical attitude, adhering to ethical standards on computing and intellectual property which will help the student develop the necessary initiative, character and judgment that is required in the profession.
- An understanding of the fundamental trade-offs and constraints related to the economic aspects of computing.
- Experiences that lead to strong analytical thinking and problem solving capacity.
- The awareness needed to seek life-long professional development, independent study, and creativity, in order to stay on the cutting-edge of technology.